View Single Post
Old 16-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
If you are racing, the minimum you want to be able to do is model memories, end point adjustment (EPA), servo throw and ideally exponential, that would be the minimum. As you are already Spektrum, take a look at the DX4S if you want a wheel radion.
thanks for that, although its over my head tbh, being a newbie I need to know what most of the above mean/do etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
TBH, as long as it does all (or most) of the things DCM has identified, you'll be fine with any radio.
The more you spend the more you'll be able to adjust and the more reliable/faster it's likely to be, though you are unlikely to be able to tell the difference between fast (which is what most modern 2.4GHz adios are) and REALLY fast (expensive modern 2.4GHz radios).

The only significant noticeable difference between the DX3C i had and the DX3R Pro i now have is that the trigger sits slightly closer to the hand grip. It does everything else in pretty much the same way, and has a few spangly toys.
But for driving a buggy round the track, i should really have stayed with the DX3C!

You've already got a good radio, so going to an expensive one will probably gain you less than using the money going to a faster servo or better ESC.

Oh, and reading the manual to find out what it can actually do is worthwhile.
I must admit, the Instruction book still needs a read so that's the next job then I might learn a little cheers