View Single Post
Old 24-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Regionals are a stepping stone to Nationals and in my opinion should run to National rules and standards.
It also makes more sense to educate the drivers at regional level rather than allowing them to get to a national event and they are all out of their depth and feel everything is strange and against them.

I am not one to agree to cheap non approved Lipos at any event.
As much as we want to introduce more people to the sport we also don't want cheap stuff blowing up all over the place. If allowed, that is what will happen in my opinion.
I know many will say that I've had this and that and its all fantastic but the fact of the matter is we don't have major incidents for the reason that we have that list and only good products are on that list.
If its that good then get it approved - simples!!

OK - you can all shoot me down now - GO!!
LOL
I agree totally with Tony's first comment that we should run national rules at regional level making it easier to make the transition to national level.

However, the lipo issue is a little more complex. Lipo's are expensive to the extent that almost all of mine are second hand.
Cheap lipo's would seem to be the answer and as for them blowing up, isn't that what lipo bags are for?
I haven't seen the list of lipo's that are currently approved so there maybe some which are cheaper for those on a budget.
Also, if a lipo is on the list one year but then not the next does it suddenly mean that they are liable to explode. Some of us cannot change batteries from one year to the next.

Ready, Aim, Fire