View Single Post
Old 22-03-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Mark - Live stock levels are all well and good and until said orders are processed.. Website only updates once orders have been processed and as previously mentioned these are processed by staff in the order in which they have been placed on the website..and I'm sure this will be the same idea for all web shops..
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
JE have never been the same since the merge, I've even had issues with apex themselves. After waiting 4 or 5 days for my item I contacted them an was told it was going to be sent out that day an if not defiantly the next, after 4 days I contacted them again only to be told it still hasn't been posted, 12 days is far far too long

MB has the best live stock level, as soon as you pay for the item its instantly removed from the website, that's how it should be done. It stops people ordering things that may not actually be in stock by the time someone processes the order. If something is in stock on the website I expect it to actually be in stock, that isn't too much to ask for
Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
Very interesting and thanks for all the kind comments.

As you can imagine i spend a lot of time following our competitors as I'm sure our competitors do with us. Im very surprised to hear that JE/Apex does not run live stock levels as advertised are you sure this is correct Nick? I thought that all packages that used stock levels would update after each transaction, surely this seems logical.

The biggest gripe i have in this industry is shadow stock, its often very hard for customers to tell if a items is actually available off the shelf in the shop or if they are ordering a product that is available for a shop to buy from the distributor, which would delay the delivery by a few days and run the risk of it selling out between updates. I'm not sure why distributors that sell direct even offer this service. I get asked all the time by distributors to do this but so far have refused. We only sell what we have in stock or occasionally offer a item as a Pre-Order, but again will only sell the number we have ordered. What do customers think do you want to see us offering items we don't have any intension on stocking and do you want to be able to back order items? (This would mean paying upfront for a item that may take weeks to arrive) Maybe someone can set up a poll?

Thanks
MB
my point made, if its live stock, when its bought by the customer on line, one item is removed from said stock. if its being processed and done when staff are back to work then it is not live stock