Thread: New Toy?
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2015

Default New Toy?

I currently have an Ansmann Mad Rat which I did a few upgrades to and it's got decent brushless electrics - I've hardly used it, I had planned to race at a club but I haven't had the time so It's gone back to being a toy - which is the way it'll stay now.

But as a toy, It's not brilliant as it's not great on grass and isn't very fast.
I've got a 9.5T turnigy censored brushless motor, 2s Lipo & Hobbyking 150A X-Car ESC. It's running 27/80 Gearing, seems to just top out too quick and if you gear up any more it just loses punch, doesn't go any faster and gets hot.

It also rolls over on grass quite a bit on a hard turn in (I guess due to the skinny front tyres on a 2wd buggy)

It would probably seem superfast indoors but in a big garden or park (or on the road with the road tyres) it can get a bit boring.

I have started to love the look of Short Course Trucks. I was looking at saving up for the 2WD Turnigy SCT as I'm on a tight budget and it seems a really good value kit at about £70 delivered from Hobbyking (rolling chassis and shell)

Maybe even get 3s lipo pack for when I'm somewhere big.

Looking for a bit of a chat, tips, advice bearing in mind all of the above - perhaps someone can recommend a good second hand car around the £50 mark?
1/10th Electric Touring: Schumacher Axis 2
Full Scale Petrol: 2013 Focus ST-3