Thread: Standards
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo355 View Post
I can appreciate that organising events takes a lot of time and effort but if you are going to have rules then surely they must be applied consistently to everyone. The driver punished didnt cause anyone else to lose time in any way. yet in other finals marshalling caused all sorts of issues. As for the referee, he had spent the previous race ranting and raving when he himself crashed and it seemed like sour grapes that he insisted on a punishment. Listening in to the driver trying to put his version of events across was painful, he kept being told that because race control couldnt see the track they had to accept the referees word and that was final- very democratic, no wonder numbers at these events seem to be dropping!
Again, that's how it is. Normally only experienced by those partaking in the meeting. However, to read that a spectator has knowledge of these goings on makes the sport/hobby look bad to the outside world.

I'm sure they're not all like that though, but people only remember the crap.

Mr Church is right on his count that you couldn't have an inexperienced fellow reffing, and he IS a volunteer, not a job I'd want to do, drive around the country to keep an eye on people, BUT, it should be fair, not the double standards we see often.

We are human, a generally flawed species. This very same situation could be inserted in plenty of other scenarios. Why should our hobby escape it just because it's a bit nerdy!

Sad but true in my opinion. Well done on giving us your experience and observations as an onlooker. I feel sometimes that as RC is generally not looked upon as a spectator sport, not from the outside anyway, racers kind of think that no one will notice altercations or double standards as everyone else is too involved in the whole caper and not sat in an armchair with the tv remote shouting at the tv that the ref is a prick.

I think things would change if that were the case.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/