Thread: Standards
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015

Referees are usually experienced drivers and have volunteered their time to do certain heats and finals throughout the day, which we thank them for. Problem is everyone is their own individual and they all do this job to different levels. I didn't take much notice who our referee was throughout the day, but not a peep was heard from him. This would suggest our heat had very clean races, although listening to drivers during the race it would more likely suggest the opposite. I don't want to put referees down, they are volunteers and they are all individuals, but it would be nice to see penalties applied on a more equal standard.

As for Marshall's they are a whole different kettle of fish and should be doing the job they'd expect someone to do for them. Agreed some people are not so young and are going to be a little slower getting to a car. But you also have problems what ever the age group and are usually down to talking, lack of interest and even texting!! The marshalling problem is probably down to less than 10% of the field, but if penalties were handed out to these people then perhaps we would see a large improvement. The BRCA has a whole list of what is required from them, perhaps we should try an adhere to them.

On a slightly different note, could anyone in the know, say what the referees job actually is concerning drivers in that heat? I'm guessing their roll has changed, but it certainly isn't what I remember 20 years ago.
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.