View Single Post
Old 18-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Doughty View Post
The DEX210 (MM/RM) 2WD platform will still remain current and be developed. the DEX210F will run along side that car as the focussed medium-high traction 2WD car.

Can't give any details on release dates yet, first news on those (and ore details on the car) will come via www.team-durango.com website

This is a VERY exciting new car, A lot of time, thought, effort and development has gone into this car. One of the optional layouts has been seen before, but hasn't that always been the case? (rear motor stick pack 2WD cars, the first mid-motor 2WD cars)
The performance comes from the details and tuneability of the car, the features that the car has to allow you to get the car working the way YOU want it to.
The DEX210F has these kind of useful features.

(Yes it was the same car that myself and James Ambrose used at oOple race)
Interestingly too, I used the car in 2 rounds of practise at the Euros on dirt and my best lap was actually better with the DEX210F. But it was too risky to run the car if the track lost traction. (the track had polished in previous events and I was concerned that would happen again - it didn't, it gained grip! haha)

Finally, regarding the toqrue steer, I think with brushless motors the rotor is far lighter than the armatures used to be from brushed motors. I think any effect is far less with the brushless generation.
I think it looks a fair car lots of space and that was one I lacked with my db2

Be interesting to see it at club level