View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution View Post
A new 4wd buggy is due to be released at the end of the month from a company called "Carisma" and Its called the 4xs

Carisma are big in the micro nationals with their GTB and have dominated for the last few years.

This new 1/10th buggy has been in development for a couple of years and was designed specifically for competition.
UK racers Craig Harris and Phil Sleigh have been working with Carisma to get this buggy ready for worldwide racing and iron out any issues and improvements, prior to its release.

As far as quality goes, this is top level, starting with extra thick carbon fibre towers and mirror finish chassis.
The drive train uses captured cvd's and is very much like the Huddy sprung steel and coloured the same. The geared diffs are quite substantial as are the crown and pinion gears, which are mounted on large bearings and should last a very long time.

The chassis can be built to accommodate both saddles and shorties and comes with both a multi-plate slipper assembly and a geared centre diff, which can be swapped by just undoing the top plate.
You also get a set of front and rear roll bars and hexed wheels with cnc hexes.

The rear wing is the toughest I've come across to date and the whole chassis feels solid and the well bolted together.

The chassis components are all well moulded and the wishbones come with carbon fibre inserts to tune the flexibility.

The adjustable front and rear hinge pin braces,shocks and spring cups are all cnc, as is the motor mount, which is designed to make pinion mesh the easiest yet.

The whole chassis can be tuned massively to track conditions, which Craig Harris did to good effect, winning the Mendip round of the OOPLE invitational.

I'll be putting my Losi 22/4 on the shelf and running one of these for the foreseeable future.
More details available here

www.tracksidespares.co.uk
And here it is, first Review i have seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYFKB9irtY

Last edited by dMITIj; 03-11-2015 at 09:17 PM.