View Single Post
Old 19-01-2016

Hi David - thanks for your comment. The point here is I don't know how much it is worth, I've left it open to offers to see what the market is willing to pay.

Just for reference, I have successfully sold a XXX BK2 for £320 - rebuilt in the same manner to kit spec, no upgrades. So there is a market benchmark. The XX Kinwald is older, more rare, more collectable - need I go on? The upgrades alone are worth plenty, the titanium ball studs alone are £50!

I love how this has brought out the armchair experts, show me your rare rebuilt models which you have sold for peanuts? Post a link. Again - didn't think so.

I'm in no rush to sell, I only do this to keep these models alive - and provide a top end service to those collectors who don't have the skills, time or resources to build the same quality models. It takes time, connections, patience and skill to build something like this.

Look guys, I'm not a 17 year old bored teenager, I'm a city professional. If I priced my time accordingly for the time I spent on it I would price this model at about at over £3k. I don't really care how much it sells for, I'm not trying to come across badly here but even if it sells for £400 that pays for one tyre on the rear of my 1:1 car. This is not a big deal for me. I am rebuilding an Atomic Carbon CR2 which I'll put up for sale in a few months, and I have 2 more standard Losi XX which I'll rebuild and sell. They are usable for vintage racing, but will still be priced accordingly. This is a hobby for me, and I like to build - but I'm no charity. I'm the only person providing rebuild high quality models like this at the moment, if you think it's expensive then be my guest and compete against me.

I think I've said my piece now, happy to take any questions from the experts. Perhaps something else isn't right about the car, or my free postage on the listing can't really be free???!!!