View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016

Default "Never Give Up!"

I lurk on this section without a murmur but here's a start to 'Project Underdog'

Having stupidly sold my 1st race buggy a few years ago, a Cougar Club 10 & having recently found (what is left of) my old Boomarang in my parents loft clear out I now had the need to find something to race at the Revival Saturday, but something which a remember well in my younger days.

So I found this useable Madcap on eBay complete with bearings, metal motor plate, CVA shocks & improved steering linkages.

Then (this is where things got silly ) someone was selling a spares or repair car with a broken C hub, a missing rear wheel & no wing. This, annoyingly was in some ways better (& a lot cheaper!) than the first one. My plan was to use this as spares. This is it now, along with a few other parts a gathered during the 'spree'

I've also gathered numerous parts/upgrades including new shielded bearings, Tamiya Hop Up ball diff kit, turnbuckles, some new old stock Ballistic 2.2" front wheels dug from the depths of my local model shop & a spare set of team C shocks.

So this should've been it for now, but then... this came up:

I don't really know why I needed this

It's had precious little use, it came with a wall charger & Futaba Attack radio. The front tyres were a bit worn so I fitted new rears (which came with the first car I bought) & I have some brand new front tyres on the way.

I may keep it, sell it, I'm not entirely sure yet. The only thing I know is that I won't run it.

So the plan is to strip the 'racer' chassis, clean & re-build using the best of the spare parts & uprate to a race worthy state.

I don't actually have any brushed motors/esc's but I do have a spare 13.5 & 17.5 brushless motor & esc along with a good servo, 2.4Ghz etc.

I'm more excited by this project than the 22 3.0 I've just built for this season

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/