View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've always had good success using RCmart (HK) never any duty. Also same with A-main (US) if USPS is selected.

Never had duty on shipped stuff from China (Banggood, Hobbyking, ebay, gearbest, etc).

I got stung with £26 duty and handling charges on an order of KO Propo parts from Japan on a £25 order, shipped via EMS. It was processed by one of the other couriers in the UK (forgot which) and they really loaded up on the fees and even charged duty and VAT at 40% on the EMS shipping on the fee breakdown, crazy. I had to pay it before they delivered, otherwise they would have sung for it.

I'd always try avoid using EMS shipping, as it gets treated badly with duty and handling fees here.

Otherwise I'd buy whatever I wanted or needed from anywhere. And before the buy only from UK shop lot go on, I bloodywell buy a lot from retailers here in the UK. But you can't always get everything here for me its about availability, not price.

$$ rate now has made some overseas deals less attractive, however its something that you can't buy here, i'll just order it.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------