Thread: 501X SETUPS
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke View Post
Well, We ran the Kampenhout round of our national championship today.
The Kampnehout Track has changed a bit compared to last year but remains a very technical, very high grip astro track.
So for all of you coming to the Belgian GP this week : here is the setup I used :

I started from Jimmy's (or Stu's) Indoor setup on top of this page and worked from there. Here are the differences :
  • Internal Front shock limiters : 3mm
  • Internal rear shock limiters : 6 mm
  • Front and rear swaybar (Tamiya, the thickest ones)
  • Rear tyres : Schumacher minipin yellow, one row of pins cut (inside and outside)
  • Front Tyres : Schumacher minipin yellow, two row of pins cut (inside and outside)
  • rideheight : 17mm
This setup can still be improved, but it was good enough to give me 3rd place on the grid. After some bad luck with "popping" turnbuckles, I finished in 6th place. Was a bit disappionted by that but still a good result.

For the GP, I'm going to try Schumacher endcaps on the turnbuckles. They are metric too but are made from a harder plastic.
Hi,
glad to see I am not the only ine who pops turnbuckles, had not thought of using the schumaker ones, good idea.

Good luck with the racing and don't feel too bad about that result it sure was a good result as you say