View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010

These are also in the o0ple Vintage section, but thought id put them up here as well in case some of our clubmembers don't see them over there....

And im sure i saw Andy taking some running pics of the vintage cars, can you get them up here as well dood ?

My original Top Force with full Graphite Design chassis & shock towers, all running gear to Top Force Evo spec and a couple of other small original Tamiya Team mods from '93... running Vampire Lipos & MRT VX Pro brushed speedo and 17t Double motor.

What can i say about this one... The fastest car ( in a straight line ! ) on the track, running a 10.5 brushless !! On the straight it pulled 6-7 feet clear on my Top Force ! If it could go round corners as good as it went in a straight line, the rest of us would've been 3 laps behind

Bills original Kyosho Lazer ZX, running original tyres, silvercan mabuchi motor and period electrics. Very slow, no grip at all but Bill had us all in stitches the whole night with his running commentry of his own driving and how bad the car was I came down from one heat with tears in my eyes from laughing so much as it couldnt even get grip to get over the doubles - on carpet !! Im lending him some decent wheels & tyres and a spare old 18 double for the next round - once those are on he will be a contender as he's a hell of a good driver and his Lazer is a good car in good nick...

Pete Belstens RC10 Champ Edition, a belter of a car, running Lipos & modern electrics, and its set up very, very well... And boy can he drive it - again Pete was only a couple of laps down on the modern 2wd's... Sorry about the poor photoe Pete, thats when my camera decided it had had enough

The 'other' RC10, ran well, needs a period wing but in very good condition Modern electrics & mild brushless, a bit more practice & playing with set-ups and it will be as quick as Pete's...

Now this was the nicest car there last night - Brians Schumy Procat with all the original Team hop-ups.. you name them, it had them ! And in such good original nick, most people would call this a shelf-queen and not let it run - credit to Brian, he was in there racing crashing like the rest of us Again, my camera was on the fritz, so rubbish picture - make no mistake ill get a better one of this car next round as its brilliant Running modern electrics & brushless, once Brians got it set up and used to driving it again it will fly !

There were 2 other vintages there last night, Dave Belstens Optima Mid and Brians sons Tamiya Lunchbox but my camera decided to retire dead before i got pics of them... Sorry !

All in all great night again, no worries or stress apart from running repairs to 20 year old plastics and more fun than ever - and there more smiles from people running vintage than there were modern cars