View Single Post
Old 15-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Qualified has nothing to do with it!

Its about liability.

If I break it, its my fault.

If I lend it to you and you break it, its my fault.

Whilst I doubt you are any more likely to break it than me, considering I get the blame either way you should be able to see why I'd be reluctant too.

Actually the above isn't strictly true - in actual fact the hardware is in Roger's charge. Only 2 other people have taken it that I know of, Stu and myself - both committee members. We'd not just let Buds or Johnny borrow it any more than we'd let you.

Those are the clubs rules to protect the clubs property. If Rog lent the timing gear to Buds to run a 'Bud Balls Grand Prick (I mean Prix)' and he smashed the AMB connection box (£1200!) meaning we couldn't use the transponders anymore you would be seriously p!ssed.
Stu blocked my suggestion about renting the track out to Dave at Roundabout for Wednesdays because he pointed out that, whilst they were unlikely to damage the astro - if they did, we couldn't race on Sundays. That was just about the astro - Dave has his own timing gear! I wasn't sure at the time, but I can see where he is coming from.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm in some way suggesting you aren't capable. That is not the point. Ultimately only certain people hold the liability of the clubs property.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)