View Single Post
Old 20-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
I thought that meant that the 20m section where the cars grid up at 2m intervals should not have the rise or fall.. the coventry hump is beyond the pole position.. but my interpretation might be wrong!
Yes... the rule refers to the fact that the straight must accomodate 20m of flat (as in no features etc.) area to fit the start grid into for finals. All 10 cars on the start grid yesterday were not seperated by any jumps/bombholes etc. making this comply with rule 14.7. Granted, the pole man didn't get much of a run up to the hump on the straight and where it is avoidable, we would recommend that tracks do not incorporate features into their main straight.

Personally I thought the tweaks to the layout yesterday on the right side of the track were really cool, but I fully accept that Coventry is a bit of a marmite track for many (you love or you hate it) but at least there is no home advantage there, it remains a fresh challenge whenever we go! Thanks to all the team at Coventry for their support on the day.