Thread: Having it large
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2010

Was thinking about the issue of a driver being absent for a period. Although at the moment we do it based on the previous weeks performance, it could be possible to do it based on the last individual performance, therefore if a member comes 3rd and cannot come for a couple of weeks then he could be entered in at position 3 the next meeting he attends. Like a joint 3rd.

If individuals have a bad week and drop down a heat, i think that is fair enough........

Also if we were to introduce a table on the stage for the cars and transmitters we could potentially shave a bit of time between rounds. with so many heats charging will not be a problem.

stu: i'll have a stab....

1: I think that is what the system is trying to deliver. As far a regular members go it is not too bad a system to run. Guest drivers and drivers who cannot commit to weekly racing are the problem, but in general these are in the minority. My personal opinion is that 13.5t motors actually compromises 'good close racing' throughout the club, 17.5 or 21.5 would be better but we are down a particular alley.....

2: Nobody, that is why you try to do well and qualify for the appropriate heat...... to race against individuals of a similar standard...... for 'good close racing' !