View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHawk View Post
Probably 10.5t 4wd and 13.5t 2wd would work better, as someone mentioned in another post in this country no one is interested I just wanna run as fast as possible

I already run a 10.5t in 2WD and I'm pretty much as quick as the 6.5t/7.5t motors when it comes to a complete race on a smaller track like at Mendip. I think you'd want something like a 17.5t to make the classes different enough, otherwise they're just too similar and not worthwhile - 17.5t is what the yanks run in stock.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev B View Post
The major downside to stock classes is the motor and battery side of it, In Mod the cars have too much power so can get away with 2nd hand or older motors and batteries.
If you look at classes like GT12 then its all about finding that extra edge, thats through high Amp charging or buying every new motor out and tuning them. The cost of tyres is far cheaper the extra cost to do that.
Most offroad tracks are more tyre reliant than power. On bumpier tracks you simply can't pin it everywhere (with carpet and a few others being the exception)

When are some clubs going to be innovative enough to start a 17.5t class then? There's enough discussion going on to make it appealing

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West

Last edited by Danosborne6661; 07-02-2020 at 04:56 PM.