View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020

I have been told at some of the carpet events the drivers are using brand new cactus tyres for every run. I spoke with a factory Schumacher driver who insisted that they need to do this to be competitive at the high level they race at and the tryes after only one run are worn enough to not be on the pace with new tyres. Surely if this is true it puts the people who can't afford to do this on the back foot from the start. Admittedly driving skill is key here but that aside it means the drivers who cannot afford to do this are at a disadvantage straight away. Now I know that different people feel differently about the issue of cost of tyres and the cost of the hobby in general but I think this tyre cost subject is a really something that needs to be addressed. Limiting the amount of tyres per meeting is a option as mentioned before but I am keen to hear other views on this. This hobby certainly is not cheap but in my view something should be put in place to limit the cost of the tyres per meeting to keep people interested.

Last edited by adey; 07-02-2020 at 05:31 PM.