View Single Post
Old 14-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Which receiver is it? Some have two aerials and some have one. I understand this is just to give just an extra factor of safety re interference. After numerous problems with K.O. and other sets, touch wood, this has been the only one that has been 100% reliable. Mine is 'hack module' in old Sanwa Gemini 2 and one of the v8 receivers with 2 aerials. As all have said they do leave something to be desired in the durability department, not sure why they haven't done a proper hard cased one, but like you said, a bit of glue and some heatshrink and job's a goodun.

Hope you get to the bottom of it, these sort of issues are a real pain, and and expensive pain at that.
Thanks for the reply - my receiver is a V8R4-II. Funny enough, the merchant I brought it off did mention the two aerial receiver as a better option for a car due to the aerial wire being longer.. I just didn't like the idea of two aerials, that and it has the possibility of telemetry which some clubs might get sniffy about, even though I'm just a club racer..