View Single Post
Old 13-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
hi ollie yes i agree with we are racing and we are qualifying for your position for the week after by why should your qulified grid slot be pinalised with the current format. yes every driver gets a front row start but why if you havent qulified for it you dont deserve to be there, having a grid start like finals week will tidy up first lap caos. like les also said we are now doing 10sec laps a crash will rouen the race and if that crash is due to first lap moves because the tq car is on the back row drivers will get upset which is not good but unfortuantly this will always happen with the current line start.
Hi Stu,

At the moment we race on the night to get a ranking to qualify us for a particular heat the following week. That is where we draw the line. The track changes and the drivers change the following week. The track the following week may not suit your style quite so much as a couple of others in your heat... so there is differences... but that’s not really the problem....

If a driver qualifies in first position in any heat, he will get the advantage all night. If he wins, is it because of his starting position or is it on his driving standard on the night? It makes more sense to me to do as we currently do, which gives everybody a shot up front...

Indeed it also ads a little challenge to the top qualifier in a heat, because one of the heats he has to move through the pack, mixes things up a bit.... I would have thought it would have made sense to you, because the alternative would be for Ed to walk it every single time because he would have had the advantage... boring.... i guess its a club thing, as opposed to a racer thing....

Not that i care overly at the moment, since i have no job and have got other things on my mind... But one possibility could be to have a staggered start but alternate the order, for instance the first race could be 123456789 then 456789123 and then 789123456... maybe just for the top heat, who dont seem to be able to be good sportsmen into the first corner.... would not need more than our current three lines either... 1 in front, 2 on the line and three behind... you get the picture...