View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013

Thought i would add my experiences.

Bought a brushed vantage probably about 5-6 months ago. I bought it for my 5 year old son, to start racing with.

Overall it has been excellent value for money. It was perfect for him to get going and importantly not too much of an outlay if he got bored after a couple of weeks.

Couple of things to bear in mind if thinking about buying to race. You only get a slow charger with the car, so you will need to budget for a basic fast charger. Also you will beed another battery, but tgese are pretty cheap too, about £15'ish for a 3000mAh pack. Other than that you are ready to go.

As he has improved a lot and still loves going. In terms of upgrades, i have done a few things, more recently as he gets better and better. I have put my spare servo in as its a bit quicker than the standard one. Recently i put in a new esc and uprated brushed motor, still quite cheap stuff.

Probably the most impressive thing has been its robustness. After a few months of racing most weeks (indoor on carpet) we have replaced one prop shaft that bent, £2.90, 2 bent shock shafts, £9 for a pair of ready built shocks and springs.

I have thought about at what point i might upgrade him to a more comoetition based car, but to be honest his ability has not exceeded the car yet. I also think i would probaly be paying out more in spares through breakages.

Anyway if anyone has any questions, let me know.