View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011

Hi Chris, I'm really looking forward to Sunday, the last meeting was fantastic, and I too will have new boots on each car as I'm sure will most people.

I'm completely fine with that, the point I wanted to discuss is would foam make racing cheaper and attract even more people longer term into the hobby. Simon was again out with his foams on Sunday, another day for him with next to no wear, great grip and then back in his box for the next meeting where they'll offer exactly the same performance as last time.

However that said Tom and I discussed this topic at Worksop and he's convinced me this would go wrong from the top down. Simon and every day racers are really happy with what he's got but the top guys would want the best and nothing less. To get to the best Tom was suggesting he'd be turning up with at least 10 sets of foams, all different compounds, different diameters to find the last 10th. And thats when this idea falls down because what Tom's describing has a name, its called a tyre war and thats in nobodys interest so I guess we have to stay as we are, spending lots of money on lots of new tyres. Or at least a set a meeting as Chris has honestly admitted. He wants to do well so he's going to use new tyres, no one can blame him for that but if used ones, like the set he used at Worksop, were every bit as quick would he be using new ones?

Anyway I think we've covered this academic topic and reached an conclusion that no one can argue against. Whilst the theory is sound, in practice it would be flawed by human nature.

So I'm going to sit here, watch the rest of the England game, glue my tyres up and look forward to what I'm sure will be another great meeting on Sunday.