View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011

Default Bl**dy foams

Iv only just seen this one and thought id add my bit. I spent quite a while racing against simon at southport using his "wonder" foams. I was always of the opinion they should have been banned and were not intended for off road buggys. If for no other reason than its not in the spirit of off road racing.

I also agree there is no way you could just glue them on, they would need to be trued and run in to the camber angles, again where does this end. Its simple physics the tyre would work better when the angle is matched that of the buggy. I also think as tom says if this was the route you were going to explore then you would need to start off with a few different compounds and also different diameters, i imagine larger diameters would have the advantage of some tyre compression and the smaller for a lower polar moment and also roll centre, which all leads to more testing and money for extra sets.

As for the traction compound i think that needs to be avoided at all costs. At the end of the day its toy car racing and needs to be fun so why make it even more hard work. I no longer race any more but as its something that used to frustrate me when i was racing so thought id share my views.