View Single Post
Old 15-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As I said - I too have done the outdoor meetings in the winter. I was running an RC10, 1400SCR's (1800's didn't exist back then!) and a 19x2 outdoors at Springfield back as a kid. In fact, I always used to win the Junior class every winter series as I was the only one who would be out there every meeting, rain or snow.
But thats why I'm concerned - because I was the only one coming every time.

The fact is, at a wet meeting lots of people leave early. Stuff stops working properly, people get cold and fed up etc.

However - there is good news. I was speaking to someone yesterday who was working in the clubhouse. The plan is to have a cafe working in there doing tea and pies. They will be serving out of the hatch out the side of the building (ie right near the track) but they will also have a room inside, with freeview TV and a few comfy chairs. That means it will be a good place to go and 'defrost' between rounds.

But Qatmix - I'm still considering this micro-t club idea, midweek, as it has real potential. Its the doing the racing in the pub bit I like.....

Lippy - Wednesday nights was a much more complicated concept involving use of some expensive club equipment by someone we didn't even know that well back then. Essentially there was no problem with Coleman helping, but a committee member would also have to have been present, which kinda defeated the point....
Racing on a Sunday, Rog would still handle all the clubs hardwear - its just that Matt would provide a location.
If you want to know what the problem was, look up the price of an AMB/Mylaps system and you'll see why we weren't going to just let people use it.....

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)