View Single Post
Old 27-02-2015

I ordered some metal thrust races, so that's settled. Just a few questions remain:

The front suspension pivots use small o-rings to take up the slop in the hinges. Are these convenient for fitting on a runner, or would it be better to use hard plastic washers, like you seen on about all modern cars?

I may not have enough spring washers, to add on the screw that holds the diffs together. Looking for a cheap replacement, that will still be reliable, and not have to worry about diffs unscrewing themselves or so. Suggestions where to look?

What repro belt cover and body shell are considered the best? I've had some different experiences with repro shells in the past. For some cars, it's spot on, yet on other cars the overall size is slightly off, so you have to be creative to mount the body, as the marked holes on the repro shell don't match up with the actual car.

I've read about different battery straps, like the original one, or the U744 QC. I can't find any pictures of the latter though. For the shelf car, I would like to see if I can get the original ones, but for the runner, a convenient one is what I am after. I don't want to end up just using velcro on the chassis, so some good options are welcome.

And I would like some input on my question about the u-shaped parts on the u-joints, which are bent a little outwards, after these have been taken apart a few times, by me, and most likely also by the previous owner. It's not that far apart that the metal plus-shaped connector block can wiggle it's way out, but there is a mm or little more of play, on the hinge sections. All my other cars use dogbones, so I have no direct experience with the bulky drive axles like used on the Cat.

Last edited by OptimaFan; 27-02-2015 at 06:59 AM.