View Single Post
Old 29-01-2014

Just back home and checking oOple. The great and interesting debate rolls on, good to see.

I enjoy reading well written, thoughtful posts and this thread has had many of these although I think The Bod has TQ so far. A great even handed, balanced reflection of where we are. I couldn't disagree with any of his post.

Also Jon makes a good point about Southport and their fairly simple tracks. I must admit their track feels a lot larger than Ribble but they're both based in a sports hall so can't be too different. I'll post in the Southport section and ask, Simon will know.

We could make the track wider but that would mean less track effectively. The lap times aren't the longest now, around 13/14 second average, so if that dropped to a 10 second average would that create more issues?

A lot of people have mentioned ride height, and ensuring its sufficient but what would that be? My car was 7mm at both ends last week. I'm going to experiment this week and raise it to 8mm at the rear and 10mm front. My thinking is surely no one could argue that's too low, especially if I bump stop it at 4mm so it can't bottom out. I'm hoping it'll be better over the jump and hardly lose anything in the infield. We'll see.

Back to topic, Lee you're right, if everyone attends the AGM, it'll certainly be interesting