Thread: New Race Format
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010
Mad Member

can i put somthing into perspextive here we have six/seven car heats car 1 will start first car 7 will start 7th with a 1 second gap between which makes car 7, 6 seconds behind car 1 if we average 12 second laps car 7 will still be half a lap in front of car 1.

when barham touring car track was running the same format was in place but the difference was the track was 200yards long and the car were 4times faster we ran 10 car heats with a 1 second start gap and average a 12 second lap so from car 1 to car 10 there would be a 9 second gap so car 1 would only be 3 seconds behind car 10.

what im getting at the size of the track and the time we have on a wednesday eve makes no difference whatsoever.

i here you all scream saying there is less room for 7 cars in our small hall but there is only one racing line be it in our hall, barham touring car track or any race track in the world spa,silverstone,brands hatch,laguna sacher and so on.

what i feel is the all drivers need to be aware on how the qualifying works and understand it then there will be no issue.

stu