View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014

Hi, been racing a H4 for a couple of months now. Very impressed with it. I race on carpet and also a polished wooden floor. A very capable car once dialled. Threw my transmitter at one of the Louth club 'pro's' and it gave him food for thought as well - very nearly TQ!

After racing Tamiya, Xray and more recently Schumacher it is refreshing not to throw cash at an endless pile of upgrades, with a couple of exceptions. The shock bladders suck - literally! swapped them out for Xray T4 bladders, and the shock seals for a Tamiya TRF set. Sorted! To be honest, I'd be surprised if Hobao haven't sorted this by now. They fixed the ballcup tolerance issues real fast (ballcups tight on ballstuds) - an addendum sheet and a new set of ballcups supplied in all kits FOC covers the issue off.

There is some clever engineering too - the flip up bulkheads are pure genius.
The drive pins in the ECS shafts are retained by the bearings -no grub screws - extremely clever!

On balance, it's fair to say that it's not Xray or Tamiya manufacturing quality. You do need to work on the fit of parts a little more during assembly, but other than that, it thumbs it's nose at cars costing a good deal more. Would I change anything? Only the colour, but that's personal preference...

cheers

Julian