Thread: Set ups!
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulj View Post
Danny what tyres would you run with those setups for the 2wd?

Does your motor choice and gearing vary much on the 2wd?

Ride heights?

I've just bought myself a CR and hit the comeback trail after a few years away from racing so I'm trying to soak up as much advice as possible for the 'new' car.
The last 2wd I owned was a BK2 hybrid but I didn't run that one much. Before that I'd run every Losi 2wd since the XX was released - oh the joy of filling hydra drives with fluid
All of last year i was running a 6.5 - 23/78 i think. Although this year im thinking that for the majority of the tracks ill be running a Losi 7.5, purly as the losi motors are faster in my opinion and a bit easier to drive.

Ride height, hmmm well usually i run the front just below level and the rear level. I may tweak that every now and then just to see if theres a difference but generally it stays the same, thats for both indoors and outside.

Good to see ur back with losi. Im sure if we all keep this up to date then it will be a great help to us all. Once i get my lipo stuff i'm going to be hitting the tracks hard to find what i think is a decent set up. Ive got some things i wanna try to this year seeing as i have the ability to machine stuff at work. But i'll be keeping everyone up to date.

p.s i remember hydra drives. Only ever used it a handful of times though, far to meesy!