View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
As the cars have been available to you since the beginning of May i'm not as sympathetic as you might hope I would be re practice on Saturday :-). get there at 10:00 and you might get a few more minutes practice in.

if it's an consolation my own team hasn't yet run our car on the test tyres on the new circuit yet, and we won't get chance until Saturday too.

The 15 minute Scrutineering rule is only when we pull cars off during racing to do spot checks. Everyone will undergo 2 x 15 minute spot checks. Why so long? It's to guarantee it's the same time for everyone. It may take us 2 minutes, but the car will sit there for exactly 15 minutes. :-)
The 15 minute scrutineering check your talking about, is that the checks done during the race?
Im talking about the hour an 30 min scrutineering done between 11 an 12:30.

It would be nice to have a little longer for practice, only because our 2 keighley teams dont have a set-up for the car or an idea what gearing to do. There was going to be a set-up posted but we've since been told to run kit set-up an work from there. 30 mins to do those changes an 6 drivers to try them is going to work out at about 3 mins per driver.

Like i said, it would be nice to have longer for practice if you could fit it in, but if you cant, no probs.

We're aiming to get there just before 10 to allow for traffic/pit stops.