View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012

Guys, can i just say something?

As a prospective member of the club and in the process of building a durango 410 to race with you guys, this thread kind of slightly worries me.

i have spent almost £500 to build a kit that would be classed to run within the club rules and am looking at having a few hours a week fun and lightly competitve racing.

But, reading the above fills me with fear. Tyre additives? surely to encourage new members then everything has to be stock? i dont have the time to try and find that extra few tenths per lap and test products to make my tyres softer and more grippy and i am sure many existing members feel the same and i havn't even met any yet!

Now, at this point i havn't even been down to the club as work committments have forced me to converse here on the forum and via email with a couple of club members who have been incredibly helpful. if super competitive and 'secret tyre testing' is something that goes on, at this club and others up and down the country then i fear i have been wasting my time and hard earnt money on a hobby that i cant keep up with the man next to me who is running additives or doing hours of tyres testing to win.

if you feel i have overstepped the mark, then by all means tell me, but surely you want the club to look in a good light to all prospective members and this thread doesnt do that. sorry.

Ian