View Single Post
Old 15-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARTMAN View Post
Basically, the new Percy will have a .1 after it. There is a long winded explanation for it all somewhere on oople. It's all techno crap really.
I say stick with the RC3 for now and see what happens. It will run all the current PT's and as such not put off any budget racer.
SHRCCC is a club racers venue and holding a few big scale events won't matter to the overall scheme of things, in my opinion. It will take a while till everyone gets the newer PT's so leave as is for a while.

That's my opinion.
One thing worth considering for your club the same as we have just had to consider at Watford.

If a new racer comes along, just about to start up racing for arguements sake, trots along to his local or favoured shop, buys said new car, radio, ESC etc etc and then needs his own PT. So he has three main choices, go find a "copy" for want of better word (by that I mean an MRT) or one of the genuine AMB/MYlaps units, the same make as the decoder used by his new club? Well most will "probably" say the "real deal" the genuine Mylaps. So he trots off to the BBK, to find the slighlty older Harry, that works universally on all decoders is £76, but the all new and updated Purcy is just over £10 less at £65, so what is stopping him choosing this newer version that is actually less money, the possability his new club wont support the newer and cheaper option in favour of supporting the "copy", after all the cost to update for the club itself is zero, the software update for the decoder is FREE....... If it were the other way around, that Harr's were cheaper and Purcys where £10 more its a no brianer, stay with RC3, but when new owners are forced to spend more, there will be pressure from racers to update to allow them to save money (especially if they have more then one car) and use Purcy(s)

When put like that, it puts the clubs under pressure, plus, do we (as clubs) want to turn people away who have invested in the newest transponders or do we have a hardcore who have gone out and brought the cheaper copies (MRT)...

It is a real awkward one, we at DMS MCC oursleves are still not 100% sure what to do for the best (and we dont have any "regular" racers using MRT's) but we still have to think of those who visit once in a while or when we hold larger meetings (regionals etc), at presetn we are edging towards upgrading to RC4.........
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636