View Single Post
Old 27-07-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Tamiya TRF201 XMW Low Rider !!

Hi all,

Thought I would share this Ive been working on. Along with a little help form COBRA RACING !!!

I have a TRF201 XMW and wanted to convert it to Low Rider. Had a look on the internet and could only see two, one which was machined alloy and no real contact. The other was with a YZ2 Low Rider gearbox and bits. This showed the shorty down the centre of the chassis as the TRF201XMW only allowed for this option along with saddle packs due to the Delrin side pods.

COBRA RACING !!

So me being me wanted to try and achieve this small conversion along with the shorty across the chassis !!!. Not down the centre.

So I had a chat with COBRA RACING !! Too see if this could be achieved. I explained what I wanted. So off I trotted to COBRA him self showed what I wanted and left the £1000 Delrin TRF201 XMW side pods. And did explain you can get them now !!!!..... NO PRESSURE HEY !!!!

Well I must say what fantastic MACHINING by the man at COBRA RACING absolutely stunning work. PERFECTION and just what I wanted. A BIG THANK YOU FOR THE WORK CARRIED OUT......

I then trotted home with Delrin side pods in hand ready to start the work. I have completed the TRF201 XMW Low Rider tonight and will be doing the body tomorrow ( If it cools down a bit )....

I will post pictures tomorrow of the TRF201 XMW Low Rider for those who are interested........

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****