Thread: Setups!
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2009
Mad Member

Default B-MAX4 Indoor Setup

I hope nobody minds if I put a B-MAX4 setup in this thread... if this seems wrong then perhaps we could have a new sticky for them?

Anyway, this is the setup I settled on during the NE indoor regional series this winter. The tracks have all been multisurface with grip ranging from none to loads during the course of a single lap, and some big obstacles and tricky bumps too.

I'm not in a position to make any great claims about winning A finals (or B finals for that matter ), but I found this setup easy to drive, calming the B-MAX4's steering down, improving traction and jumping, while maintaining it's lovely ride quality.

Also worth noting that I did not break a single part on the car with the exception of some front shock mounting screws (solve this by putting some spacers on before the nuts to conceal the exposed thread), and one set of rear bevel gears (my fault - mesh is CRITICAL on this car - NO backlash - make SURE the transmission rolls freely at the same time).

If you do give it a try please let me know how you find it, it would be interesting to compare notes.

DA's B-MAX4 Indoor Setup