View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
I'd highly recommend you spend as much as you can afford on your speedo. The Orion R10 is truly superb and Orion have brilliant customer service and is very reliable. As for motor wind either 7.5 or 8.5 no quicker than 7.5 in 2WD though so depends on your experience coming back into it. As for a car after you xx I'd say it depends on your budget all the cars have pros and cons
Schumacher sv2 is fast but brittle and you need a lot of optional parts to get it quick
Losi 22 is strong as a tank but if it rains or you race on indoor slippy floor in winter the car becomes a right handful
Centro is a very fast car but is brittle and expensive and is a bit bodgy as its a conversion car.
Kyosho rb6 is a fantastic car that's tough and fast and has all the adjustability included with the kit without the need to buy a load of optional parts, but at £370 it's not cheap.
The Durango 210 requires you to have a PHD to build it's simply awful diff and has poor part quality and poor instruction manual but when you buy a load of optional extras the car is quick too
Food for thought! Sounds like no car is 'the best one'! I've had a couger 2000 in the past - and loved it. I loved my losi xx too, but it is a lot heavier than the couger I had.
I'm not worried about building the 210, but the dodgy parts and poor diff worries me - is there an upgrade diff?

I've now ordered the electrics, so will give the losi xx a bash when they arrive, and decide on the new car when I've seen a few more racing at Bury, perhaps people might be kind enough to let me take one round the track once?!