View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020

As someone who returned last year after 20 years off (am in Huddersfield), I would say the following (some will be helpful lol):

I had never run 2wd in 2000 (only 4wd), but when I returned 2wd seems to be the most populated at club level. So I returned to that (at Batley I see 30-50 2wd vs 5-10 for 4wd at club meets).

So I would say for now return to 2wd, get used to the monster change in electrics (which are nothing like our day!!). When you are comfy with the latest state of the sport and add in a 4wd. This is just my opinion, based on the extra cost of 4wd and the complexity of the cars now (I have a B3 on my shelf infront of me here and my YZ2 is a different animal).

With regards what to buy (this is the unhelpful bit of advice), I would ask around the track to see what people are running. I returned with a B6 as there were a few and it was easier to get setup tips. Have now moved to a Yok as I have a good support network.
The cars (I feel) are all really good quality now and you wont go far wrong with anything, just making sure that getting support/spares are on your list.

As per the guys above any questions pm me as I went through this last year and have learned a little since my return.
Also I am fairly local to you so can help out with advice/you can take a look at my cars/electrics etc..
What is your local track? assuming Batley and MB?