View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009
Woop Woop Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugrat View Post
Thanks for all the responses.

How would you describe the handling? I'm basically a beginner driver so dont want anything that is going to cause too much trouble for me! Fast and planted is what springs to mind with easy setup. Also what battery, motor and ESC are you running?

You mention you built yours I didnt know there was a kit version - only RTR or the rolling chassis..?

Ideally would like to start racing but from speaking to my local hobby shops most of the local tracks (Derby ish) are more suited to 1/8th cars. Dont really want to go the nitro route as from experience I know it's not for me......hence 1/8th brushless.

Seems like Caster could be the way to go...some hop ups are on their way I believe and Peter at Answer rc has been great at responding to my emails. Maybe time to part with some cash soon!

Before that happens though what are the obvious alternatives to the fusion...for the price are there any?

Thanks in advance again.
handling was very safe on kit settings. i started with 5k5k5k in the 3 diffs but ended up with 10k in the centre. this made the car very safe and easy to drive and gave the extra drive that a electric 8th needs to stop the wheels spooling up.

i personally use a mamba monster speedo and 2650 motor with 2x trackpower 4900 lipos. this gives a very good speed and duration but im not sure ould be suitable for a beginer. i have seen the rtr setup in use and would highly recomend it to go with the car. im not sure if cells come with it. if not then any high rating lipo (4900+ 25c+) would be perfect. as said previously i use track power. there are higher rated cells out there but the trackpower just seems hassle free and has taken loads of abuse in my 10th and 8th cars without issue.

mine was is a pro spec car with beefed up shock mounts. alloy hinge pin braces and a couple of other bits and that comes in kit form. the rtr car has the same geometry tho so base setups will be the same and it helps save you the build bit

pete is fantastic to deal with. always does what he says he will and posts stuff asap every time i have delt with him. as for alternatives there are loads or will be. but the suport and help you will get from the caster team will be second to none. buy with confidence

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline