View Single Post
Old 23-09-2008
Mad Member

Well I have built the shocks and put all of the rest of the car together today and have the following notes and advice:-

There does seem to be alot of slop in the steering and the plastic ball cups do seem to be very slack on the balls. Whether this is a problem will only be found when the car is run.

When screwing the threaded pivot pin screws through the hub carrier into the yoke make sure the you get it as square as possible otherwise the yoke wil be stiff when rotating. Mine wen slightly out on one side and I made sure I was much more careful on the otherside.

Clean the inside of the shock bodies top and bottom and make sure that the o-rings and plastics that go in the end of the shocks are clean of any of the white power.

Put some shock oil on the threads really helps the parts go together avoiding getting anything cross threaded

I feel that the 25wt oil in the front shocks feels very light. I like the feel of the 35wt in the back. I suppose I will find out how it goes when I run the car.

Make sure that you do not follow the dimple holes in the undertray and actually measure this up and make the holes based on where the tray ends up sitting.