View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018

I'm a fellow returnee however mine is 30 years so I feel your pain somewhat. It's gone from toe in/out on my Frog to 5 bazillion combinations of everything before we even start to talk electronic settings too!

First off, I'm by far an expert on setup as I'm still learning too, but the DT is a dirt edition rather than astro / carpet version. Has it still got the ball diff in it? For astro most run a gear diff with varying weights of oil to tune the feel of it.

Most 2WD runners use Schumacher low pro cut staggers front on narrow rims, and yellow mini spike dry / ballistic buggy green in the wet - but this depends on what works on your local track.

Damper oil front and rear plays a big part in setup, as does spring rate before you touch the ride height

There's a bunch of setup files you can see here:

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...YokomoYZ2.html

What I've done so far is start with a base starting setup, then work on my consistency. Once I've stopped crashing every lap I've experimented with settings.

I'm sure there will be other more learned folk along soon to help but as I'm in the same boat I'd thought I'd share what I've found so far. Welcome back!