Thread: new amb system
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Don't mean to offend anyone - it's just my assumption that they'll raise to record prices sooner or later. I don't think AMB won't bow to pressure - but it's not for racers to apply that pressure, it's surely the governing bodies to suggest these things.
Surely they have some influence? What good is it for the sport to not have hand-out transponders. It's technically possible and would help the sport - and in turn also sell more PT's when people become hooked.

Or they can just go dick about in a carpark like probably 95% of R/C cars sold in the country. This statistic is entirely fabricated - but you see the point.

There's plenty of people interested in R/C cars who've never really been interested in racing because it looks too serious - and I'm sure buying a bit of timing equipment isn't really gonna help matters. My mate came to a club race - he only came once since he didn't really enjoy it much (it was a TC race, btw) which is fair enough - but he'd not even have been able to go if he had to have a PT.

What I'm getting at is handouts - bring them back!

handout transponders its the way forward!!.

have to agree with jimmy, we need to be able to time the new guy without expecting him/her to lash out on a PT which they may or may not get any benifit from if they decide RC isnt for them, some clubs do carry PT's for this use, but get very nervous about them going missing, a simple battery operated version of the PT would fit the bill.