Thread: Council updates
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012

Default Chairman response

Lianne,

Before the track was moved, whilst not dedicated, the unused area around the back of the old track provided parking for around 25+ cars.
Consider that the club has doubled its members as a result of the new track, then the need for more parking has doubled with it.

As I have said many times, it is key for security of 1000's of pounds of equipment, for it to be within sight of the drivers. Drivers are unlikely to be happy to leave their valuables on the main car park, as they rightly fear theft and we do not want to increase crime in the area and we will lose valuable members.

Whilst we acknowledge that the new track was provided to us by way of compensation for the old one, it appears the positioning and parking needs were not sufficiently considered. This I fear was due to a lack of consultation at that point.

I have been in consultation with yourselves from the moment I took over the Chairman role and discovered that no parking provision were being considered. I fully appreciate the council does not have endless funds to give every club what it desires, but our club has expanded along with our needs.

As I said on the day we met at the track, the area between the new building and our track is ideal for parking and our needs. We do not necessarily need dedicated parking, excluding all others, as I would seek to simply ask the other clubs to avoid using the spaces on Sunday race days.
This area is more than capable of providing sufficient parking well away from the nearest football pitch. The plans shown simply grass it over which is in our view a complete waste of what we see as the BEST space on the site for our parking needs.

Can I not meet directly with the site manager to at least discuss why this area is simply being grassed over?

In anticipation

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.