View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010
Mad Member

I used to run a mardave cobra back in the day, when Lee Romang put one in the A final of a national. I'd recommend the following mods to the TQ version .

Firstly lock up the servo saver and threadlock and many of the steering screws as you can. Swap the bit of bent metal that links the steering blocks with ball joint and a turn buckle. Swap the all turn-buckles, and ball joints, as the original ones are made from monkey metal. Swap the shocks for a decent set, it's not even worth building the mardave ones, and replace the rear shock tower with a carbon fibre one.

Next strip the diff, as there are no plates put the out drives into a drill and once there spinning get some wet and dry sand paper smooth them out until the plates are nice and shiny.

With the standard slipper clutch put an extra 2 or three of the tension washers on.

When you mount the gearbox on the chassis, put the front two screws (nearest the battery) through the chassis and put two motor shims on each screw before dropping the gearbox in. What you want to do is lift the front of the gearbox.

Thats all I can remember. I hope it helps.