View Single Post
Old 21-08-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie Top Force

I just built my 502X and found the quality to be just as good as my 201. Ok, the shocks and turn buckles are not the premium versions but they are still excellent quality!

I purchased many options as well and fitted them during the build.

I'm trying to figure out how the front shocks "bind", as many people discuss. I have mounted them in the stock position and the movement is free and smooth. Yes I agree the front shock tower is not at the same angle as the front kick up, but this does not cause a "bind". The shocks still sit at a similar angle to the kick up. The only way they would bind would be if you over tightened the plastic nut that holds them to the top shock mount, which would crush the plastic bushing the shock that shock cap rides on.

War paint is yet to be applied and all new LRP/Reedy electrics are on the way including an Sanwa M11X.

I choose the 502X after much reading of these threads, for one reason alone, sealed diffs and shaft drive. I ran Yokomos back in the 1990s and I was forever striping down diffs due to dust contamination! Now I have kids and less time, rebuilding cars after every race meet is not how I want to spend a lot of my time.

Further, Lee Martin has had some recent successes with the 502X and the recent mods from TRF and Rudebits show the car is being developed. can't wait to race it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRF 502X (2 of 5).jpg (294.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg TRF 502X (3 of 5).jpg (259.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg TRF 502X (4 of 5).jpg (392.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg TRF 502X (5 of 5).jpg (436.4 KB, 65 views)

David
Secretary/Treasurer
Southern Highlands Off Road R/C Car Club Inc.
(NSW Australia)
http://shorrcccinfo.wix.com/shorrccc
www.facebook.com/SHORRCCC