View Single Post
Old 29-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Top Force View Post
I just built my 502X and found the quality to be just as good as my 201. Ok, the shocks and turn buckles are not the premium versions but they are still excellent quality!

I purchased many options as well and fitted them during the build.

I'm trying to figure out how the front shocks "bind", as many people discuss. I have mounted them in the stock position and the movement is free and smooth. Yes I agree the front shock tower is not at the same angle as the front kick up, but this does not cause a "bind". The shocks still sit at a similar angle to the kick up. The only way they would bind would be if you over tightened the plastic nut that holds them to the top shock mount, which would crush the plastic bushing the shock that shock cap rides on.
!
When I first ran my 502X the shocks did not bind either, however after the top plastic bushings lose their shine and get a bit rough or gritty they can bind. I found this happened with mine. If you watch the movement of the shock with the stock set-up, as you compress the front arms the shocks both rotate in relation to the top bushing, while at the same time twisting around the bushing ball. If you install one of the carbon spacers that offsets the shock tower forward, it eliminates the twisting motion on the plastic bushing and the shocks are much smoother as they are simply turning around the bushing, not twisting as well (if that makes sense to you).

Anyways.....the steering upgrade kit is a "must" in my opinion as well (I see you already have that). All is all the 502X has been great for me so far. Very durable, more so than the Durangos or B44's at my track from my observation. Even though the car looks delicate it's tough.

Last edited by kidcongo; 29-08-2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: spelling