View Single Post
Old 29-05-2012

I'd have to agree with the BRCA legal equipment rule. I to have recently started racing again after a 6/7 year break. When purchasing new equipment, I ensured that it was all BRCA legal, and that my cells are always in LiPo sacks both when charging and storing, just to be extra safe. I think this should all be checked on race day if possible, I know committee members are often busy racing or ensuring the meeting runs smoothly. Perhaps cars could be checked at random during the scrutineering process?

Also, regarding scrutineering, I understand that this has to be enforced, and feel that perhaps an e-mail to all drivers before the event, and it mentioned at every drivers briefing should be enough. People shouldn't have to be reminded constantly throughout the day. Meeting disqualification is perhaps a step to far for missed scrutineering, but perhaps if a driver were to miss it and there car still pass after the race, perhaps a 10 second penalty, or the cancellation of that particular round of qualifying? There are a lot of different views to all of these topics really...