View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018
Mad Member

Personally I'm a fan; the cars are lovely to build and look at. That said, for any potential investors it won't be as easy as picking up where the old Durango left off.

First off, their patents (such as the DEX210 hybrid gearbox) are already lapsed since 2014 or 2015, which puts a huge dent in the value of Durango's IP. Next, Product quality and availability was 'on-and-off', which I think was the demise of the reputation and market share to start with. The brand won't relive unless that is tackled first, and that is easier said than done.

If this wasn't enough, then there's the fierce competition for market share in 1/10 buggy the last few years. The current market is oversaturated with brands and that situation cannot sustain. Support and availability aside, Durango's offering doesn't reflect what customers currently think they need. That puts Durango in a difficult position to maintain market share no matter how good their products are otherwise.

I guess in the end the most valuable thing Durango has is their brand name. After all they have a short but beautiful heritage with a World Championship and influential car designs. I just hope that if someone tries to revive Durango, they do justice to how the brand started

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 16-01-2018 at 09:53 PM.