Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ok, ive had a second version made with fractionally smaller nut holes and is spot on, however noticed a fractional flex on the flat steering linkage section so done one last tweek and have lengthened the vein section on the top and bottom so come much closer to the ball joint hole on the flat section and doing this should stop flex so first steps complete now awaiting third 3d prints to be made and will post pictures. Also can get a 3d print in alloy as well so may get as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Ok, been a while since ive been developing anything but before Christmas I asked three people to see if they could do a 3D drawing of the knuckle arms as I have lost making A finals and winning them due to king pins vibrating out so had two ideas that needed to be examined and if it was plausible. Well first option was to countersink the inner king pin section of the knuckle but turned out that I would have had issues in fitting it and wouldnt be worthwhile so was a no go for that. Then the other was a hex nut hole cut into the same area with enough dop to get a slim nut in on both sections to use a nyloc nut instead and meant a much easier to maintain. Ok so its got designed on 3d and ive had a 3d version made and sent here, I havent tested it yet but the nuts fit in nicelye and think it may go together with enough room for a free moving Uj.

First piccy is the 3D picture, second is showing the hex nut hole cut out in the inner section of the knuckle and thrid picture is the nut in place. As always give me your throughts on this. Next is to tyr an dget an alloy paid made and also will try to get a mold made so we can get it made out of plastic for a good test
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS