View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

Hi Guys

I have been watching this thread with some interest but up until now decided not to say too much,

I just think the whole situation is blown completely out of proportion on this thread, Alan and the team work hard and yes as you say it may be time to look at new ideas but i feel that from what i have seen and my involvement with running other clubs that the loss of alan and his team would mean a VERY big backward step.

I have really enjoyed racing at faversham over the winter and would be a shame to see a club with so many youngsters comming through the ranks die off.

Now the subject of tyre wear is simple for those who want to go fast and have their boost ramped up to the maximum you have to accept that the tyres will wear quicker, for those who are happy to run a stock speedo or no boost and go slower you will save your tyres SIMPLES

So to those who say make it manditory that all boost is turned off i ask who will police this as time is tight enough as it is let alone doing scruiteneering after each heat.

I say you make your own magic and with that in mind you have to accept that to go fast you will wear your tyres out, i ran my mini pins following maratime for a fortnight and loved it but found that sadly i was never going to be quick enough to even keep up with the guys in my heat let alone the better racers. so back to full spikes for me, one thing i can say is this i have used my set of full spikes with NO boost on the speedo for nearly 2 months and only now are they starting to die off.

Slate me if you like but thats my opinion i will just go back to my nitro hole now LMAO

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team