View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
Absolutely! Radiostyrt.no is pretty lame!!! "How do I do bashing?"...

Since we are now more or less running only on astro, here's my plan for 2011:

2WD:
Atomic-Carbon S2 is a very good car with mid-motor. And the coolest construction so far IMHO. That will be my first choice. Not having the biggest driving talent, I just do better with mid-motor vs. rear-motor. It's a pair of crutches for me!

Will also give the X-6 a chance against the S2, and try to emulate the much stiffer S2 setup. Never got it to work on astro, but I think I've been running it way too soft.

If the Losi 22 is available in good time, that will be VERY interesting! As it can also be rear motored. Cool car, cool brand, cheap, easy to get parts, looks easy to deal with. Probably a winner out of the box...

4WD:
I find the B44 awesome on astro. Not very good on dirt (too nervous). But the amount of steering on astro is a BIG advantage. And the car is very durable and with very few flaws.

The Atomic-Carbon Atomized B44 was perfect on dirt, but sucks on astro. Understeers way too much!

The XX4 is fantastic, but it's impossible to use on astro with today's brushless setup. You snap 3 belts before breakfast... should have been 2x the std. width or some other material...

I have also the X-5, which is even better to drive than the XX4. And has a single belt system. I just can't get that thing to stop skipping the belt! Even with 3x custom belt rollers... Brushless, LiPo & astro didn't help you might say...

If Losi manages to whip out a new 4WD also in 2011, Team Losi for both classes will be more or less impossible to resist! Waiting impatiently for some breaking news here! What on earth do they have cooking? And will it be shaft or belt driven???!!!

While waiting for that... that new Cat SX3 looks like a perfectly constructed car! Only problem as I see it is availability (and price). The SV also looks like a very cool car! Schuey in both classes could be tempting, given easy access to parts & low prices... Any US or HK shops that are easy on the value labeling??? Most UK shops are not willing...

Given that ball diffs probably are still the way forward, I'd love to have diffs that can be easily taken out of the car. Both the B4 and B44 suck big time in that respect!
and by this you pretty much sum up the entire market of available cars of 1:10th off road racers in one post