View Single Post
Old 15-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
It is complicated, it is not just the physical weight of the parts but also the rotational mass, think of the motor as a gyro so the nearer the centre length wise of the chassis the easier the chassis can rotate.
Plus a load of other stuff the chassis designers are aiming for.
Thanks CARB for that info, i forgot about the gyro effect from the motor, you are absolutly right!

As you sayed chassis designers, many of the factories are working on chassis flex as an tuning option, i never will belive in that, that a chassis should do the job, the suspension is for, if you have a well balanced car (shockwise), you can have a bone hard chassis and let the suspension do their job, while the chassis is there, to hold things together, thats what i always will belive in, like on real cars....
You cant controle that force, it's like a compressed spring, that unloads, when the counter force is not anought anymore, so you never know, when this will happen!
It could just be a litte bump, that lifts the car a bit, or a jump, or a lifting wheel from the ground, or whatever, it can happen every time and its not controliable.
I hope you understand what i mean, its hard for me to explane, because my english is not that good?

I've got a new 4wd on my bench since a while now, never drove it since, as the rear end flexes like hell, right now i'm on the way, to make my own cf side rails and stiffen up the chassis as much i can, if i cant get it, i would like to have it, i'll sell it!

Thats just i belive in, may i'm totaly wrong!?

Edit: for an example, i run my k2 with saddle packs and to get the right balance, i run the hardest (black) core rear springs and the softest (white) core front springs, no one ever would do that i think, but i like how it handles that way!

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/

Last edited by micholix; 15-01-2017 at 07:15 PM.